If you dream about rumble of cosmodrome and the icy blue sky, we are going to tell you how to make your trip to the Museum of Cosmonautics even more interesting.
How to find us?
The Museum of Cosmonautics is located within a two-minute walk from the exit of the VDNKh metro station, inside the stylobate of the Monument to the Conquerors of Space.
Exhibition hall “Morning of the Space Era”
We want to make your visit to our museum comfortable and safe. You can buy tickets now at our website. Dear guests, please, prepare for your visit in advance!
How to prepare yourself to visit the museum?
- You can buy a ticket only online on our website.
- Come to the museum 10 minutes before the beginning of the session.
- Bring a mask and keep a distance of 1.5-2 m.
- At the entrance, the museum staff will measure your temperature.
Please pay your attention:
- The audio guide can be paid at the cash desk in the museum. Together with the audio guide you should be given an antibacterial wipe and disposable headphones.
How much does the ticket cost?
You can purchase Museum tickets at the ticket office or on the Museum's website online. The cost of the undiscounted ticket is 300 rubles. You can check all ticket categories here. Perhaps, you can get a discount.
What can you see with the Museum entrance ticket?
The Museum of Cosmonautics entrance ticket allows you to visit the main Museum exhibition, temporary exhibitions, as well as meetings with cosmonauts, popular science talk show "Space without formulas" and other events that take place in the Museum.
How is the Museum organized?
In order not to get lost in the Museum, download the map to your phone or print it.
The Museum exhibition, with an area of 4,500 m2 (8 exhibition halls), presents the history of space exploration. Among the most interesting exhibits you can find the model of the First artificial Earth satellite, famous space dogs Belka and Strelka, the Soyuz spacecraft and the full-scale model of the core module of the Mir orbital space station.
The Museum of Cosmonautics is accessible to everyone, including blind and visually impaired visitors, as well as people with impaired musculoskeletal system.
How to make your trip to the Museum even more interesting?
- Choose and book your guided tour. Tours are conducted for all age categories in Russian and English.
- If you want to experience what a real cosmonaut feels, book a training session aboard the Soyuz-TMA spacecraft simulator (exactly the same simulator is used for training cosmonauts at Yuri Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center).
- Arrange a holiday for yourself and your friends. You can even celebrate your birthday at the Museum.
- Try the Museum audio guide (in Russian, English, Spanish and Chinese). Audio guide costs 200 rubles.
Where to snack?
In the Museum entrance lobby you can find several vending machines (with food, tea, snacks and space food).
If you got tired and hungry during your journey around the Museum exhibition, you can enjoy your lunch or dessert with coffee in the cafe "Under the Rocket". The Museum cafe is located next to the exhibition hall "International Cooperation in Space" on the upper floor, next to the conference hall. Our museum attendants will always help you.
You can purchase real space food specially manufactured for the International Space Station crew members in the cafe "Under the Rocket". It was produced by the Biryulyovskiy Experimental Plant and the KOSMOPIT company. Space food makes a great present or memorable souvenir.
Take a bit of space with you
We are happy to share our inspiration with you. After you’ve seen the Museum exhibition, make sure to visit the Museum gift shop for the inspiration for yourself and your friends. It was proved by many that you can take a bit of space with you!
And thank you very much for tagging the Museum in your photos!
#MuseumOfCosmonautics #SpaceConquerors #SpaceMuseum
If you want to find out about the most interesting events that take place in the Museum, we invite you to subscribe to the Museum of Cosmonautics e-mailing list.